Sunday, September 23, 2012

2012 Fall Bright Lights Kickoff Meeting!

We had our Fall Kickoff today!  We're restarting the curriculum from the beginning because there are several new young ladies.  Our meeting today was on being Strong for the Lord in your Youth.  Thankfully, I learned alot from last year's meetings and have become much more efficient in using our time and in presenting enough material to be challenging, but not overwhelming.  I have to laugh as I think back to that first meeting last year!  Just having come off of being in women's ministry for many years, I didn't understand little girls couldn't handle 5 pages of outline notes and 2 hours of teaching!  Oh my.  Thankfully the Lord was very good to me and gave the girls the grace they needed to endure my learning curve of switching ministries from women to young ladies :)

Here's the game plan for this year in terms of schedule:  @ 15 min. for worship, 45 min. for teaching, 30 minutes each for activity and tea. 

Something new for our group, but something that's been on my heart for a long time...having the older gals minister to the younger gals by being small group breakout leaders!  We did it today and it was WONDERFUL!  I am proud to announce the birth of the Ruth Group and the Selah Group.  It was exciting to see the older girls take charge and step up to encourage the younger ladies...there was lots of good talking, laughing, and sharing going on - it was so neat to see the of the willingness of our older gals to serve our group in a new way.  Isn't that one of the great hopes for this little seed of a Bright Lights group here in Bellevue?  That the older gals will perhaps consider starting their own BL groups some day, once they've completed the program themselves?


The two small group breakouts...



Adorable baby sister of one of our Bright Lights!


 
Activity today was stamping bookmarks which we'll be laminating and finishing off with tassels at our next meeting.  I hope these girls like stamping, because I've got a bunch that I'd like to use over the year for different projects :)


Couldn't resist - cute baby again!!

 
Here's my hubby, the resident grill master, showing off one of his many grilling
Iron Chef poses!  Finishing off the day with good food and being outside in the beautiful weather was such a blessing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment