Friday, March 2, 2012

Coming Summer 2012 - Radiant Purity conference!

We originally started  Bellevue Bright Lights last summer with a handful of girls, and have been praying for growth ever since.  Our desire to increase the Bellevue group has been further prompted by the Lord to not 'hide our lights under a basket' so to speak, but to step out boldly, in faith, and see if there aren't others in the community who need to hear about this wonderful ministry.

To this end, the Bright Lights office suggested we host a video conference.  Yes, of course!! They see the most growth and excitement in the ministry (understandably!) after the video conferences, as attendees catch the vision of BL and how beneficial it would be to join / or start groups. 

Indeed, this is how Bellevue Bright Lights came into existence.  My eldest daughter and I attended a Radiant Purity conference last year and were ready to hit the ground running afterwards in starting our own group. 

An interesting side note to all this was that I had actually been praying for over a year that the Lord would bring along a godly young lady with a heart to lead the Bellevue group.  Three potential 'candidates' fell through, and in the end, as my good friend pointed out to me...I was the one who was supposed to start and lead the group.  Being already knee-deep in another amazing ministry which I had been involved with for the last 8 years (www.healinghearts.org) - I wasn't super thrilled about taking something else on at first.  Gradually, the Lord worked in my heart, and ministering to youth became more and more of a desire until finally, attending the video conference was the last little thing needed to ignite my new found desire into full-on implementation...and thus, Bellevue Bright Lights was born!  My other ministry is on hold for the time being, as I concentrate my efforts in this precious new ministry the Lord has graciously led me to.   My hope is that some of the girls from our group would go on to lead their own groups in the future.

The Lord is making it clear that now is the time to get the word out about the ministry in our area in a new way...to prayerfully not only grow our own group, but to raise up new ones locally as well. 

More information to come about the Radiant Purity video conference which we hope to host this summer - stay tuned!  To get an idea of what a conference looks like, click here.

As for the Bellevue Bright Lights group meetings, we will be putting them on hold until September 2012 when we hopefully will have a BIG new kickoff with lots of smiling new faces in attendance!  Until then, our efforts will be geared towards making the video conference a huge success and continuing with our fellowshipping outside of official meetings. 

Please contact me if you would like more information on the Bellevue group, or the Radiant Purity conference happening this summer, by leaving a comment.

Blessings!
Chay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment